Monday, March 5, 2012

[125] Veggies all wrapped up

Since moving back home, my mom has been real helpful in making sure the refrigerator is stocked with fresh veggies knowing I don't particularly like to eat frozen or microwaved foods as much as I used to. She has me tag along for trips to the grocery store so I can pick out what I like to eat.

Every base I've lived at/near has always had a great selection of produce. I'm not huge fruit person, so I opt for more veggies than anything else, but I do enjoy an apple or orange from time to time. On one of our last trips I picked up a lot of veggies that are easy to prepare for wraps, as well as a jar of apple sauce to enjoy on the side. Beats eating french fries (my weakness!) with every meal.

Picture below: spinach, sauteed zucchini, tomatoes, red onions, and avocados topped with shredded cheddar and sour cream on a tomato and basil tortilla. It was so good, I actually ate this two days in a row, mostly because I prepared way too many veggies for one sitting.

The beverage pictured below is V8 Fusion pomegranate blueberry. Currently my favorite morning and mid-day beverage, although a little on the sugary side. Pretty delicious when watered down.

That bowl contains about 1 serving of Mott's Natural Apple Sauce. It is prepared unsweetened and contains only half the sugar in a serving of their original apple sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...