Saturday, February 11, 2012

[124] 36 pounds, and I ain't talkin' currency

In 6 weeks I will be coming to the end of a goal I set for myself 1 year ago.

Original post: Goal: Drop 50 lbs in 1 year

Last January, I weighed 210 pounds. I have never felt an extreme level of embarrassment and disappointment in myself until that moment. Often questioning myself, "How did I let this get out of hand?" Last March I weighed 197 pounds and decided, I've had enough of this. I must get this under control. I've lost a total of 36 pounds since last January and I still have another 27 pounds to lose before March 25, 2012. That's 6 weeks away! How do I plan on busting down those last 27 pounds? Staying positive, continuing to eat fresh & homemade foods, and quite a bit of cardio.

"I've had the urge to go running lately. I'll probably make it to the corner and have to turn around.
...I live on a corner house."

Quoting myself because I'm real cool.

When I started this journey I was wearing sizes 12 and 14. I'm now comfortably wearing sizes 8 and 9! In fact, I only have two pairs of jeans in 8's and one pair in 9 (which happen to be my yellow jeans from my Pichu costume). I honestly can't even remember the last time I was in the single digits. (Single digits for the single girl. Haaaay!)

I have received numerous comments and messages about my progress. People I haven't talked to in years have started to contact me just to say congrats and keep going. All these positives keep me going! Not that I'm relying on others to push me towards my goal, but it sure does help. So, thank you to everyone who has helped me through this. Thank you for taking a moment out of your day to let me know that you have seen and support the improvements and changes I have made in my life to better my health.

I love being able to walk into a grocery store or a restaurant and say "no" to something I don't need.


This picstitch photo sums up how I feel about myself.
I often get the urge to play dress-up now that I feel as beautiful on the outside as I do on the inside. :) Love yourself because there's absolutely nothing wrong with doing so.

1½ years vegetarian & 13 months soda free.

8 comments:

  1. Wow, congratulations on making it so far! You're looking great girl! Keep it up! You totally got this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! 36 pounds isn't anything to scoff at, nice work! You can definitely do it, keep it up; you'll feel great :) 

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started following you, so I hope this isn't too weird/creeperly of me to post, but congratulations on the 36 pounds! That's very impressive! You really do look amazing. :)

    Running has always been my favorite kind of cardio; it's much easier to motivate yourself to work out when there is the potential to find cool things to explore.

    Anyway, keept up the good work! :)
    -Rayelynn
    www.unhamperedbypants.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not weird/creeperly at all!

    Running in my neighborhood is like re-exploring the already explored. New houses have been put up over the years I've been living elsewhere, and old houses have changed. I like it.And thank you very much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found found your blog off of 20sb and wanted to say well done on your progress, thats fantastic!
    I am trying to lose a few pounds and generally just be healthier with foods and workout more and its making me feel so much better! I hope that you are feeling heaps better health wise :)
    Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! I do feel much better than I have in the past 6 or so years. Hope you're having a good experience as well! Sorry this reply has come rather late, as I have been busy. :)

    I like your blog by the way. I'm following! Really enjoyed that vegetarian post in March. <3

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...