Saturday, July 30, 2011

[040] Answering a public question from Tumblr

While searching the "vegetarian" tag on Tumblr I stumbled across this post about weight loss as a vegetarian. I reblogged and replied. Enjoy!

Wanting to Lose: Day Fifteen: Are you vegan or vegetarian? If so, has this helped you lose weight? If not, would you ever consider...

fatgirlfavorites:
I am not vegan or vegetarian. I tired being vegetarian once last year, and I lasted for twenty four days. It wasn’t that hard. But my health was effected by it, so I stopped. I don’t really like peanut butter, so I couldn’t just grub out on that to get protein. I got headaches a lot and I was...
I'm a vegetarian and I've lost 20 lbs since January. On top of vegetarianism, I also gave up soda as a New Years Resolution which has helped me tremendously! August 1st, 2011 marks my 1 year as a vegetarian and I plan on continuing into my second year.

Weight loss as a vegetarian doesn't work for everybody, as you may have found out. But if you avoid eating the wrong meals you'll watch the pounds shed. Obviously I can't just go out and grab a burger from my local fast food joint and chow down for all three meals. That was definitely a great thing for me. I used to eat burgers and fries like they were the only thing available. Being a vegetarian has definitely helped me to control my intake of fast food and anything take-out.
Don't limit yourself to spoonfuls of peanut butter as your source of protein. Beans are a great source of protein as well as vegetable protein. It's a matter of finding what's right for you in the vegetarian world. I know a lot of vegetarians who find themselves in search of more and more recipe's everyday. Because I'll be honest, it's hard to just make these recipe's appear out of thin air. Recipe websites, like allrecipes.com, and cookbooks are a great helper. I've found that a lot of recipe's are also provided with weight watcher points, so you know it's good for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...