Tuesday, September 4, 2012

[148] Moving on up!

I moved out of my parents house! I have been on the hunt for a place to live for the entire summer (since becoming employed). The one thing that kept me from moving into an apartment was the mere fact that I'd be paying $550-700 for a one bedroom. (That would leave me with very little money every month.) I really got lucky with this. I'm living with two girls. They're sisters and we grew up in the same neighborhood just a few streets away from each other. A couple of lovely ladies, if I do say so myself.

Plenty of PROS with moving. I went from driving 11 miles to work, down to 1 mile to work. (Gas prices have gone back to being outrageous!) I used to live on the north side of the city, away from every thing. Now I'll be closer to plenty of the places I visit on a regular basis. Not to mention, being able to sleep in a little bit longer and only having to leave 10 minutes before work instead of 20-30 minutes. I'm living with the one person that has been the only 'constant' in my life since moving back home. I truly love that.

Moving back home is hard. You grow apart from people, whether you like it or not. You can make comments here and there on social networks, but the truth is that people become distant. I'm in better contact with people I met playing World of Warcraft than I am with people I've known my entire life! It's sad, sure! But hey! People go through changes and that's just how life is. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I'm just pointing a few things out. Just call me Madam Observant.

Anyway. I'm back to unpacking boxes once again, and I'm excited to decorate another living space. (With tons of natural light pouring in my windows!)

I'm going to enjoy this entire experience the best I absolutely can. :)

2 comments:

  1. Ugh I wish i was only paying $700 a month for a 1 bedroom. I'm paying almost $1200 for a one bedroom in LA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang, that's pretty high. My 2 bedroom in MA cost about $1000. I got really lucky with where I live now. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...