Do you dress up for Halloween? What will you dress up as this year?!
I'm planning on being Robin Hood. :)
Homemade Halloween costume hair clips: Pichu Ears
If you're on a budget around Halloween (whether you're saving up for Christmas time or you just flat out don't have the income to throw money at a full costume) making homemade costume pieces is a budget friendly way to celebrate without setting yourself back $50.
Want to know how to make your own Halloween accessory hair clips?
- Printed image for reference (optional)
- Ultra Fine Point Sharpie
- Craft felt: 1 sheet in black and yellow is more than enough.
- Yellow (or white) thread
- Cotton balls
- Hair clips (These no-slip grip clips are nice and sturdy.)
Start out by sketching the shape of Pichu's ears.
The black felt ears measures:
- 2.5" from the top point to the bottom edge
- 2" wide (point to point)
- 2" from top point to side point
- 1" from side point to bottom edge
The yellow felt ears measures:
- 1.5" from the top points to the bottom edge
- 1¾" wide (point to point)
- 1¼" from top point to side point
- ¾" from side point to bottom edge
Begin assembling your ears. Layer, yellow-black-yellow, and sew them together, leaving the bottom edge open for cotton stuffing. You should be able to fit 1 jumbo cotton ball in each ear. The extra piece of yellow felt will be used to close up the bottom while also providing a flat surface for the hair clip to be sewn to.
When choosing a pair of hair clips to sew your ears to, try to match your hair color as close as possible. And you're done! You can use this tutorial to make a variety of different creature ears.