Prep Time: 15 min Cook Time: 15 min Ready In: 45 min
- 1 cup butter flavored shortening
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 (3.4 oz) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter flavored shortening and sugar. Beat in the egg and vanilla, then stir in the pumpkin puree. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and vanilla instant pudding mix; gradually mix into the pumpkin mixture. Roll into walnut sized balls and place them 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until lightly browned at the edges. Allow to cool completely before frosting with cream cheese frosting.