Monday, September 5, 2011

[080] Music Monday: Between the Buried and Me, and Portugal. the Man

Today's Music Monday features two bands from my most played Last.FM Top Artists. The different music styles between these artists doesn't even come close to defining my taste in music. Fun fact: I grew up listening to pop, reggae, rap, hip-hop, and R&B. Over the last 10-15 years I have gone on a roller-coaster ride of music preferences. I'm glad to say that I hardly limit myself on what I listen to these days.

Between the Buried and Me is an American heavy-metal band from Raleigh, North Carolina. If metal isn't really your genre of choice, I strongly suggest you search for songs from their album The Anatomy Of which features BTBAM's tribute to their diverse influences (ex: Metallica, Queen, King Crimson, Counting Crows).


Selkies: the Endless Obsession from their album Alaska (2005).
One of my all-time favorite BTBAM songs.



Fossil Genera - A Feed From Cloud Mountain is from their album The Great Misdirect (2009).
This song makes me think of a circus-dreamland.



Portugal. the Man is an American psychedelic rock band based in Portland, but originally from Wasilla, Alaska. I admit, this can be sort of an acquired taste. I had their album Waiter: You Vultures! for nearly a year before I truly got into their sound. Over the years, as each album was released, I grew even more in love with their sound. Even to this day I have a hard time explaining their sound to new listeners.


Created is from their album Censored Colors (2008).
John Gourley has such a great voice.


Do You is from their album The Satanic Satanist (2009)
and acoustic versions on the album The Majestic Majesty (2009).

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...