Monday, August 20, 2012

[143] Thrift Finds

At the end of June, Dustin and I took a little trip to Lawton, Oklahoma for some thrifting (and to feed his craving for Chik-fil-a). I knew exactly where the Goodwill is located (only because it's on the way to my mother's doctor's office). Also, for a visit to Ross! Nobody believes me, but I know for a fact that the Ross store in Lawton always carries way more owl options than my local Wichita Falls location.

Anyway. We started at Goodwill. Upon entering, I headed straight for the household goods! Eyeing every single knickknack three times over. I usually make one run through, grab anything that looks interesting, check out the price, and think about it as I make a few laps. Dustin immediately headed for the clothes racks to see if he could find himself some goodies. I ended up with a few treasures while he left empty handed.

These tiny owl frames came as a 2 pack. I was a little scared of the packaging tape holding the two frames together, but luckily there wasn't any sticky residue left behind. I love the artwork on these.

Continuing my search, I found a Homco owl! My mother gave me her set of owls last year (after eyeing them in the curio cabinet for a decade or two). Of course I didn't actually need another one of these, but there's something about Homco that warms my heart. :)

I stumbled upon this little guy. He's rather plain and simple; which I quite like. I've been considering adding a little bit of antiquing paint to give him a little more character, but I'm just not sure if that's what he needs.

A few scuffs on the back, but nothing major.


This is where he currently sits. On the very top of a bookshelf, next to a bright orange wooden "J" and a painting I had done while living in Massachusetts. :)

I'll save my Ross finds for another time.

I'll leave you with this: The best way to view Oklahoma...

In my rear-view mirror. (As long as I don't see state trooper lights flashing in the reflection! It's been nearly 10 years since that first speeding ticket! Hahaha!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...