Tuesday, August 21, 2012

[144] Bookmarks

Last year, I had tried my hand at making bookmarks. I had a good time laying out different patterned paper, mixing and matching colors. I ended up with a few good ones that I had intended on selling. Unfortunately, keeping up with my Etsy shop and promoting my items became a complete failure. (I will try again in the future!)

Before my shop was up, I started a craft blog (that only made it through three posts before work consumed most of my free time). Before shutting down that blog, I saved a few of my posts to see if I had shared them here, and it looks like this is one I didn't share.

: : ░░ ░░░ ░░ ░░░ Handmade Bookmarks ░░░ ░░ ░░░ ░░ : :

Creating your own bookmark is easy. It doesn't call for too many supplies and makes a great gift for anyone who loves to read.

What you'll need:
card stock, patterned and solid colors
glue (I prefer and recommend Zig Memory System 2 way glue pen)
scissors (or paper trimmer, or rotary cutter and cutting mat)
stickers or punch-outs




1. Start by preparing your paper. I measured mine at 2 inches wide by 6 inches in length.

2. My patterned paper isn't quite as thick as my white card stock, so I used 2 card stock and 2 patterned pieces for each bookmark. Apply glue to your paper, layer each piece and allow a few minutes to set and dry.

3. Now that you have your bookmark you can begin to decorate it anyway you please. I chose to use letter punch-outs on one side, while placing a lighter piece of scrap paper on the opposite side. You can either leave this section blank or write whatever you'd like on it. For example, if you're giving this bookmark as a gift you can write a short note and the date.

 

Endless possibilities when it comes to bookmarks. :]


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...