Monday, August 27, 2012

[146] Busiest of the Bees

I am going to be INCREDIBLY BUSY this entire week. Let's recap the weekend starting with Saturday, shall we?

I had the day off. Woo! That rarely happens, but my boss offered either Saturday night off, or Sunday and Monday off. I took the Saturday night option so I could have a date night with Dustin. I'll get to that later.

My sister, Jeanine (who is 23 today! Happy Birthday little sister/best friend!) came by the house so we could run a few errands. Well, it happened to be the same day as the Hotter N Hell Hundred, which runs directly by my house. Sitting at a stop sign for way longer than anyone would ever want to, just hoping for a gap in bike riders so I could make a right turn and cruise at a low speed along side these riders (except that one guy who was riding comfy cozy in the left lane... ugh). Anyway! I had to follow Jeanine to run some errands.

We had to stop by El Norteno's 2 to pick up some food for Kirk (my brother-in-law). While Jeanine ran inside to get the food, I had to entertain Khloe before she could even start to scream her head off. As most mommy's know, once you're out of sight... your kid will probably freak out. That's exactly the case EVERY single time Khloe is left alone with me. So, I had to act quick! What's one thing that calms her down?? Jeanine's cell phone. CHECK! With the lock screen featuring a picture of her carrying her two woo-woo's (puppy stuffed animals)?? CHECK! She's absolutely adorable when she picks up an iPhone. Just like her mommy; push the home button, slide to unlock, tap messages, starts typing to the last person Jeanine messaged... which happened to be Kirk.

Khloe, working on very important tasks and sending out messages. Her sidekick, Diesel, taking a nap.
Jeanine and Kirk gave Khloe a new puppy. She loves her woo-woo's! While we were driving back to the house, Diesel decided to curl up around my gear shift for a nap. He'd stick his face anywhere that was covered with shade and take a little snooze. Cutest little dude. I definitely took advantage of handling him while his dander levels are very very low. I'm sure within the next few months this German shepherd and pit bull mix will cause my allergies to go crazy. When that happens... I'll keep a bottle of Zyrtec everywhere I go.

After a very long shopping trip with both my sisters and my niece, we finally ventured back home around 5pm. Even though it was date night for Dustin and I, we hadn't set a specific time to go to dinner. He had a late lunch and I was still satisfied from my lunch at Cotton Patch Cafe with my sisters. We ended up going to dinner around 830 or 9 o'clock. Even then, we weren't really starving. As planned, we went to Red Lobster for the Endless Shrimp. Only able to order one refill each... amateurs!

I ended my night by going out with a few friends while Dustin stayed in as he had to be up at the crack of dawn. The country night club I went to was holding a "Best Chest" contest for men... way too many shirtless dudes for my liking. I prefer them clothed and not awkwardly shiny, but I guess that's just me. Haha! It was followed by a bikini contest, which a friend of mine entered. Being the good friend that I am, I got a group of strangers behind me to help cheer her on. She may not have won, but she looked damn good out there!

On to Sunday... Kirk dropped off Jeanine and Khloe so I could take them to church with me. Father Rogers is by far one of the best when it comes to the sermon. You can tell every single word comes from the heart and definitely not something he's typed out the night before. With that... sometimes he loses track of time, haha. We were cutting in close as I had to be at work by 1230. Service ended around 1145 at our tiny church in Burkburnett. I had to drop off Jeanine and Khloe, and make it to work before 1230 so I could do all my pre-opening procedures. Somehow, I made it in 5 minutes early, going the speed limit and obeying traffic laws. *FIST PUMP*

After work, I made my way home to change clothes, relax, and straighten Krystal's hair for the first day of school. She had her hair cut rather short when she came back from a 2 week vacation in Virginia and it just hasn't been straightened properly since it was cut, dyed, and styled at the salon. I started out as I always do... brush and blow dry. With her short length, it ended up in a big fro, hahaha! Although she asked that no pictures be taken or posted anywhere... she broke her own rule by posting it herself. Only after I told her she should text her friends asking if she should wear her hair like this on the first day. Nobody said yes... hmmm, I wonder why? Haha!

After an hour of straightening those curly/frizzy locks... I was finally done! But not before taking a picture of the process. If you look closely, her straightened hair in the back lays flat, while the frizzy fro hair in the front sticks straight up. Hahaha, endless laughs on my end.

Today is Monday... First day of school for all the children and college students. I don't even want to begin to check how many friends posted about it this morning. Too many! Good luck to your kids and to those college students.

Anyway. This week will be jam packed with work and packing. That's right! My friend officially asked me to be her roomie. The thing is, I don't have a day off until September 3rd, the day we pick up my mom from the airport. Somehow, I'll have to manage hauling my stuff across town and get myself settled in (and most importantly, out of my parents house).

Time to go get ready for work and write out a to-do list for the week!
Happy Monday! (Sorry for the wall of text!)

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...