Wednesday, August 1, 2012

[134] Celebrating 2 Years!

Today marks my 2 year vegetarian anniversary. So here's a picture of a delicious (slightly) homemade spinach and feta pizza from mid July.
For the spinach and feta lover...
While my dad and little sister were out of state, Dustin and I decided to make the most of having a kitchen and a grill all to ourselves. On one particular night, we opted to make homemade pizzas. Spinach and feta for me, sausage for him (pictured below).
For the meat lovers...
I started with a 2 pack of Mama Mary's pizza crust, which I picked up at Walmart for around $3.50. I used a small spatula to spread olive oil all over the crust. (A brush would be more convenient, but I couldn't find one.) Followed by spreading a fairly thin layer of pizza sauce in a circular motion, starting from the middle. Lightly sprinkled mozzarella cheese and various seasonings. (I actually own a small spice container labeled, "pizza seasonings".)

Spinach pizza: I steamed a handful of fresh spinach, using a saucepan and a little bit of olive oil. Spread the cooked spinach over the pizza before adding another light sprinkle of mozzarella. Add feta cheese and a light sprinkle of parsley flakes.

Sausage pizza: I lightly sprinkled a bit of cheddar cheese over the mozzarella. Add slices of a Chappell Hill original smoked sausage, finishing off with another light sprinkle of mozzarella, cheddar, and parsley flakes.

Follow suggested cooking directions on the pizza crust packaging.

Bake. Slightly cool. Slice. Enjoy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...