Wednesday, August 3, 2011

[044] Product Review: Aveeno® Ultra Calming Foaming Cleanser

Aveeno® Active Naturals
Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser
Aveeno® Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser
gently cleans and softens
even dry, sensitive skin
fragrance-free
with naturally calming feverfew
6 fl oz (180mL)

Fragrance-Free, Noncomedogenic, Soap-Free, Hypoallergenic

This light foaming cleanser helps visibly reduce redness and calms dry, irritated or sensitive skin while gently cleansing, so your skin looks and feels back to its healthy best. With an extract of Feverfew, a natural ingredient related to Chamomile, known for its soothing properties, and gentle, soap-free skin conditioning cleansers, it lifts away dirt, oil and make-up without over-drying or aggravating even very sensitive skin.

Directions: Moisten face and pump Aveeno® Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser into your hand or cloth. Massage lather over face. Rinse and pat dry.


Ingredients: water, glycerin, cocamidopropyl betaine, decyl glucoside, PPG-2 hydroxyethyl cocamide, PEG-16 soy sterol, polysorbate 20, disodium lauroamphodiacetate, phenoxyethanol, butylene gylcol, sodium citrate, sodium coco PG-dimonium chloride phosphate, tetrasodium EDTA, methylparaben, xanthan gum, propylparaben, ethylparaben, Chrysanthemum parthenium (feverfew) extract, sodiu cocoyl amino acids, sarcosine, potassium aspartate, magnesium aspartate, May also contain: citric acid, sodium hydroxide.

Pros:
Light and clean smell
Gentle enough for everyday use and multiple daily cleansing
Skin feels refreshed
Leaves skin feeling smooth and free of dirt and oil
Removes make-up
Free of harsh chemicals


Cons:
Pump can become stuck when pushed down (just pull it back up)
Dryness, although minimal
A bit pricey

(note: I'm not a professional dermatologist. These are my opinions through my experience with this product.)


I've been using Aveeno® Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser for approximately 5 years now and it has been one of the greatest facial cleansers I have ever used. I highly recommend this product! I have very oily skin that is also sensitive, especially to scented skin products. When I found this fragrance-free cleanser that contains natural ingredients to calm my skin, I knew it was for me.

As far as acne goes, I got lucky with clear skin. Through out junior high and high school I had pimples maybe once a month. Thanks, Mother Nature! While I didn't have bad skin during my school years, I wasn't so lucky during my two years living in Alaska.

Everyone loves having a four square collage of their acne problems.

In March of 2006 I had moved from Texas to Alaska and it didn't take long for my skin to react to this change. Pimples started to form along the bottom of my cheek bones. My skin had become dry from the cold and windy weather. As my skin's conditioned went down hill, so did my confidence. After trying different products that left my skin feeling over-dried from their harsh chemicals I needed something more suited for sensitive skin.

And then... that's when it happened. The clouds in the sky parted! Rays of light shine down upon this little bottle... Okay, so maybe that didn't happen (maybe it did and you'll never know!) but that's how it felt. As soon as I started using this cleanser I could feel an improvement with my skin. My skin felt clean, smooth, and not as dry as it had been. Nothing a little moisturizer can't fix (which I'll discuss in a later review).

Not only does this product effectively cleanse your skin of oil and dirt, it's great at removing make-up. Now, before I started writing this review I checked out what other people had to say about this product. A lot of people had some really great stuff to say for both the pros and cons. Others, not so much. After reading what people had to say I'd like to point out a few things.

-First and foremost you need to know that this is not for severe cases of acne. I would personally recommend this for persons with light to moderate acne. But remember, I'm not a professional dermatologist. Either visit your doctor for a prescription or go on the adventure of finding the acne treatment that's right for you.

-Some complained that this product doesn't remove make-up. If you're wearing light make-up you shouldn't run into any problems with excess make-up being left behind on your skin. Heavy make-up users will have a different story. While this product will remove powders and foundation applied to the skin. I've found you'll have to do a little more work with removing any eye make-up left behind. Q-tips and cotton balls will do the trick! Besides, if you want healthy skin, you'll go that extra mile to make sure your skin is clean. Even if it does take more than using one cleanser.

-Dryness is pretty common with facial cleansers. I too get that minimal dryness from this product. Some days are worse than others and the weather might have a helping hand in this. It's nothing a little moisturizer can't fix! And lets face it, you probably already have a moisturizer that works for you. If you don't... well then I can't help you.

-As with all products, it may cause allergic reactions. Always check the list of ingredients for anything you may be allergic to.

This is how my skin looks now compared to 5 years ago.
I look so happy to be photographed with my freshly cleansed skin.
Happy cleansing!
-Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...