Monday, August 8, 2011

[048] Pocket Fashion Designer and paintings on canvas

For as long as I can remember, I've always loved art. My Pocket Fashion Designer was my best friend! It was also a pink case with yellow tablets. I'm pretty sure I still have mine.... somewhere in storage.
via onestepahead.com
I would draw on just about everything. One time, (I was about 7 or 8) I climbed on top of my dresser, took a box of a crayons and drew a picture of a little girl on my ceiling. My parents weren't too pleased with that. Sorry Mom and Dad! In school, art class was my absolute favorite. I kept everything I ever made from my junior high and high school art classes. (Until I moved all over the place and threw some of it away.)

Lately, I have been itching to paint more and more. These are the three most recent paintings I have finished and gifted to friends.

Katie (my best friends wife) and I decided to do an art-for-art trade. I made her a painting while she's painting a box for me. I came across a tea set on Etsy about four months ago. This was my inspiration behind my painting.
Acrylic and steel metallic surfacer on 12x12 canvas.


After receiving a baby shower invitation at the end of June, my brain immediately went into creativity overload. Not only do I enjoy giving baby shower gifts. I love adding in a personal touch with handmade gifts. Looking for inspiration, I searched their baby registry to find out if they had a theme. Safari is a huge hit this year and I'm glad they chose such a cute theme.
Acrylic on 5x7 canvas.


My best friends sister, Regina, is pregnant with her second baby, Noelle. Her theme is sailor. So cute! My inspiration didn't come easy. I sat, staring at a blank sketch pad, as I tried to figure out what I was going to paint for her. I knew I wanted to include a ships wheel and anchors. I finally found my inspiration in room and house decor pieces! Immediately I sat down to paint. I had a very "indie" feeling as I drew the anchors and added the yellow dots.
Acrylic on 5x7 canvas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...