Friday, August 12, 2011

[053] PB and J Forever

I love peanut butter. Creamy, not crunchy! Lately I've found myself eating more and more PB and J's. Especially when I run out of fresh veggies to munch on. Sad face!
via Smuckers.com

I recently bought a jar of low sugar Smucker's strawberry preserves. Today, I finally opened that jar of delicious strawberry preserves and I don't want to turn back! I'm not usually one to switch to low/no sugar alternatives but I figured I would give this one a shot. I'm glad I did!

If you're a fan of large chunks of fruit in your preserves, this is for you. With only 25 calories and 5g of sugar per serving (1Tbsp) you won't feel guilty about eating one (or two... or three) servings worth.

When I make a sandwich, I'm not afraid to use the "hill" or end piece of the loaf. Some people 100% refuse to eat that piece of bread. What a bunch of babies. Anyway. Let's discuss sandwich construction.

Ingredients:
3 slices of bread
peanut butter
jelly/jam/preserves

1. Take two slices of bread and evenly spread a good amount of peanut butter on each. Set aside.
2. Take the third slice of bread and evenly spread your jelly/jam/preserve of choice. Place jelly side down on one of the peanut buttered slice. On the un-jellied side of your jellied bread, evenly spread jelly on that side as well.
3. Finally, place your second piece of peanut buttered bread on your newly jellied slice. Your jelly slice should now be hugged by a slice of peanut buttered bread on either side. Mmm nice and peanut buttery goodness surrounding little jelly slice.
4. Optional, slice your bread in half or diagonal. Or you can show your sandwich who's boss and dive right in.

On a side note: I absolutely hate when jelly gets into my peanut butter jar. Bleh. Keep it clean, people!

2 comments:

  1. hahahaha I'm so against eating what I call "the butt ends" of the loaf of bread! Well, I used to be anyway. I've grown into being a starving college student who can't afford to waste any food. Speaking of PB&J sandwhiches, you should try Uncrustables! They're from Smucker's as well, and they're absolutely delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always see Uncrustables when I'm out at the store! I've always wanted to buy them but I haven't... yet. I just might pick some up on my next grocery trip! (Which might end up being tonight.)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...