Friday, August 12, 2011

[054] Play Dress-up

On a normal Friday, I spend some part of my day at work. Usually on the closing shift, which means my boyfriend has to find his own dinner. Then there's the rare Friday which I am not scheduled to work at all. Today happens to be that rare Friday.

I spent my morning watching Buffy season 4. I'm on a huge Buffy kick right now. Huge thanks to Netflix for kindly making all season available for instant queue. An even bigger thanks to Katie (bff's wife) and Regina (bff's sister) for really getting me interested in watching the TV series. I didn't watch much TV back in the late 90's/early 00's.

Over the last week, I have been meaning to take new pictures for my blog. While I absolutely love the picture from my family reunion, I felt as if I needed something new. So I decided it was time to take advantage of my day off and get these pictures done. (Even though I haven't worked since Tuesday.)

I grabbed my curlers, make-up bag and mirror, and sat down to watch more Buffy. After an hour I wanted to take my curlers out, although I knew there wouldn't be much of a curl to my hair. I grabbed a can of hairspray and went to work on each section. I lightly applied hair spray to each section before unraveling. As I unrolled each section, I sprayed a little more hairspray to try and keep a nice wave.


The wave held long enough to take pictures. As soon as I sat down to upload and write, my hair went mostly flat. No worries, I don't have plans. It's just me and Buffy tonight. The boyfriend is going to be having bro time with his bestie. Home alone with my scrapbooks and Netflix. I just might make a quick trip to Wal-mart for some groceries.

2 comments:

  1. Buffy is awesome. I was young when it came on TV so I thought it looked terrifying, but I too have discovered its amazingness via instant Netflix. I'm flying through season 5 now!

    Cherie @ Refractions

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buffy started airing when I was in 7th/8th grade. I was more interested in playing outside or taking pictures of my new hamster rather than TV. Haha. I probably caught the end of a few episodes during its run. I have always had an interest in fantasy books, movies and shows. And I was always a fan of the Buffy movie but I had never really read into the comics. That was until I met my bff's wife. I like to learn more about the things my friends are into. :]

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...