Tuesday, August 30, 2011

[076] Saturday: Pre-Hurricane Weather

Saturday started out strange. After posting to wish my sister a happy birthday, I went to bed around 1AM. Only to wake up at 5AM. 
I DailyBooth'd about it.
I was confused!
Then around 7AM I refreshed my Facebook feed to see that the newest addition to our friends family arrived. If you've been keeping up with my blog for the past month, you'll know that I attended a baby shower at the end of July. At 6:34AM, August 27, Hunter was born, weighing 8lbs 1oz and measuring 22 inches long. I can't wait to meet him!

At 8AM my body finally decided it was time to go back to sleep. Four hours later I woke up to find Shawno on the couch. As I slept he went out and ran a few errands, including getting his oil changed. I wanted to go with him as I knew it would be the last outing before the storm.

I just love looking up over my monitor to see my garden owl and bamboo sitting happy on my window sill.
Garden Owl (with solar powered light)
and my bamboo sitting in a monogrammed jar.
At 2PM I sat down to start on some bookmarks (which I plan on selling! details soon!). That quickly turned into sorting and organizing my crafting materials. I actually enjoy organizing things. :]

When I'm cooking dinner I usually prepare a meal that Shawno and I will both enjoy. Tonight he decided he was going to make something for himself and that I could make whatever I wanted. I had asparagus and zucchini that I had yet to dig into since we went shopping. With the coming storm and the possibility of a power outage, I decided it was the perfect night to go all out at dinner.
Baked salmon, asparagus, sauteed red onions,
zucchini, and mashed potatoes
At 10PM I fired up some Rock Band 3. I've been all about this game lately. I'm currently trying to get myself out of "medium" on both guitar and bass. I always panic when I see that pesky orange button on my screen and I have one heck of a time trying to reach it. I get too comfy with my index finger on green and forget that I can just slide down to push orange with my pinky.

Around midnight I was very much in need of a snack. This juicy mango was calling my name.
Mmm mango.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...